The rapid changes in healthcare billing make it imperative for physicians and practice managers to align themselves with the most astute medical billing company to keep their practice healthy. Below are some qualities we advise practice leaders to evaluate when choosing the right medical billing company.
1. Industry Experience: A potential medical billing company employs Certified Professionals. This allows them to provide you with financial services in depth analysis and guidance that will assist you in making important decisions about your practice. The companies team of professionals should have experience in the following areas:
- ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding
- Medical terminology
- Insurance claims and billing, appeals and denials, fraud and abuse
- HIPAA and Office of Inspector General Compliance
- Information and web technology
2. Consistency: A potential medical billing company is consistent with the technology transition to EMR/EHR’s and ICD-10. This saves time and reduces stress knowing you have a professional team within the field experience examining every claim through the whole process.
3. Reputation: A potential medical billing company will have a good reputation and offer references.
4. Service Neutrality: You should have confidence that the recommendations & solutions that a medical billing company offers are unbiased and based on your practices specific needs.
5. Flexibility: Each client and medical practice is unique. A potential medical billing company is nimble enough to develop solutions tailored for each client.
6. Use of Technology: A potential medical billing company implements technology in a way that effortlessly bridges the gap between the provider and the biller.
7. Capacity to Take on New Clients: A potential medical billing company focuses on a limited clientele to ensure maximum reimbursement.
8. Billing Turnaround Time Guarantee: Ask if they guarantee a billing turnaround time and make sure it is listed in their contract.
Apex Medical Reimbursement Solutions meets all of the above and more! Don’t just take our word for it, read our client testimonials.